Outdoor kitchens can be as simple or as extravagant as you choose. When designing this space there are a few things to keep in mind, know in advance your budget, start with the necessities and build up from there.
Keep in mind things such as, placement of the kitchen, the outside elements, fabric, counter tops, flooring, cabinets, fridge, sink, grill, fireplace, and electrical sources.
Do you simply want to cook on the grill or do you want to prepare the whole meal outside, without having to run in the house every few minutes, to stir something on the stove or rinse veges to grill or grab the meat from the fridge.
If you like primitive cooking, the folding camp grill below is the perfect product for cooking over an open fire.
Open Fire Camp Grill
- All the best cookers use wood to add all those delicious flavors. Meats cooked over hickory, mesquite and apple are simply delicious.
- Whether you’re an avid camper or just like to cook over an open fire in the back yard the folding camp grill only takes a few seconds to setup.
- For the more conventional backyard cook there are many styles of smoker’s, charcoal and gas grills to choose from.
- The smoker grill is the best all-around grilling machine. Add your desired wood chips and let the smoker do it’s thing.
- The big thing is the grill. Grills can be very simple or very extravagant. There are all sizes of grills. The deciding factor in purchasing a grill is how much you’re cooking, how often and how many on average will you be serving.
- Grills can be charcoal, gas or electric, they can have all the amenities you could want such as, temperature control, dual temperature control knobs for cooking one item at a certain temp and another item at another temp., warming trays, and timers.
Outdoor Kitchen Design
- Keep in mind things such as, placement of the kitchen, the outside elements, fabric, counter tops, flooring, cabinets, fridge, sink, grill, fireplace, and electrical sources
- Do you simply want to cook on the grill or do you want to prepare the whole meal outside, without having to run in the house every few minutes, to stir something on the stove or rinse vegetables to grill or grab the meat from the fridge.
- The best thing about outdoor kitchens is you can store, prepare, cook and clean up everything without ever stepping foot inside the house, but best of all you don’t have to leave your guests to keep running inside when you are entertaining.
- A grill exhaust hood is a very nice feature, guests as well as yourself will appreciate the lack of smoke blowing everywhere
- Decide where your kitchen will be located, will it be close to the indoor kitchen or will it be placed further away? If it is close to the indoor kitchen you can take advantage of plumbing and electricity without having to move or add anything.
- Some type of overhead covering is really nice to have, for shade or rain. You will want to plan to have at least a small counter top for preparing food.
- Plan for a couple cabinets, drawers or shelves to store spices, utensils and other necessities.
- A sink is also nice to have, for rinsing fruits and vegetables, filling pots and washing dishes.
- A small refrigerator to store drinks, meat, vegetables and other necessities.
An outdoor can be as simple as a nice smoker or bbq grill or an elaborate built-in outdoor kitchen grill with countertops, cabinets and sinks. Whatever your outdoor cooking needs may be…www.GrillsDirect.com specializes in outdoor kitchens, grills and grilling accessories.
Please take a moment to browse our huge selection of grilling products @ Grills Direct