Home Decorating » Decorating On A Budget
Tired of looking at the same old drab looking rooms…here’s some home decorating tips that will cost very little but will have a lot of impact on your home decor…
Paint is the cheapest way to decorate on a budget and really change a room. Remember in small rooms to use light colors and in larger room bold colors.
Organize your house for a well kept look. Baskets come in so many styles, sizes and shapes, and they make the perfect place to stash all the extra stuff that we gather.
Another economical decorating ideas is to look through old art books or photograph books and choose pictures for your walls. Frame it in a cheap frame and you have a beautiful piece of art and it didn’t cost much. Or you could paint your own artwork.
Cost Effective Home Decorating
- Rearrange furniture. Try to find a new way to arrange your furniture this will help to break up a room or to make the room more open and inviting. Now this is really decorating on a budget!
- Put potpourri in a bowl and light candles. The potpourri will add a nice scent and the candles will add a relaxing atmosphere to the room.
- Purchasing covers for your couch and chairs is a lot cheaper then buying new pieces and when you get tired of it you can take the covers off.
- Large pillows are great for extra seating. Why bother investing more money in seating when beautiful large pillows make great seating for your guests.
- You can find some interesting and beautiful things if you visit garage sales, the Salvation Army and Goodwill
- Stay on budget by learning one craft. Several of the fabric and craft stores offer classes for learning crafts such as sewing, quilting and floral design for a very reasonable cost.
- Purchase all different types of blankets, afghans, and throws, and store them under your end tables or drape one on your sofa. They make your guests feel cozy and invited especially on those cold winter nights.
My advice is to start small, don’t get carried away trying to do the whole house at one time. Concentrate your efforts on one room until you are completely satisfied and then begin thinking about moving on to the next room.