Home » Country Living Room » Rustic Style Living Room
When it comes to rustic living room decorating, the style is very subjective. The degrees of rustic decor can and do vary for each individual’s taste. The proportions are relative to your existing home decor style…
Rustic decor can encompass a style from extremely primitive to a more modern rustic atmosphere. The effect largely depends on the decorator’s taste as to how little or how much emphasis they wish to implement towards a rustic style living room. Please visit Rejuvenation for all your country home decor accessories.
Natural wood walls and floors are certainly ideal for rustic decor, but, of course, this isn’t always feasible. You can also choose to paint walls using colors found in nature, such as cedarwood, wet bark, pine needle, weathered blue, and verdana. Never use pastel colors or paint with a glossy finish.
As you will notice in the image below, it portrays the epitome of a rustic living room. Not many will seek to achieve this level of rustic decor, that is unless you happen to live in a primitive home.
- Rustic living room decorating accessories can be baskets holding pinecones or acorns, rustic plant stands, magazine racks, candles and holders, clocks, picture frames, rustic throws, rustic art prints, wall tapestries, mirrors, antlers and animal hides
- Rustic Living Room furniture can be hand crafted rustic furniture using natural wood, antler sofas, chairs and coffee tables, leather sofas and chairs or hair on hide furniture.
Wall paper in a outdoor scene is also great to use when using for a focal point, but be careful doing this, it should only be done as a focal point, so if you have a beautiful stone fireplace, or large window, looking out on a beautiful woodsy scene, this wont be beneficial.
It is quite often surprising how one carefully chosen rustic accessory can transform a room and become a focal piece. Little by little the home decorator can add rustic accessories to achieve the desired decor.
|Rustic Living Room Furniture||Rustic Living Room Accessories|
|Wooden Chairs||Rustic Chandelier|
|Rustic Tables||Old Pottery|
|Antique Rocking Chair||Hand Crafted Baskets|
|Vintage/Antique Pictures||Vintage Lamps|
|Wooden Flooring||Antique Sofa and Chair|
Modern Rustic Living Room
- As you can see from the image on the right, we have gone from one extreme of rustic living room decorating in the top image to the other degree here.
- To be technical, both images represent rustic decor. As we have considered before, the decorator simply chooses to what degree the use of furniture and accessories they wish to achieve their ultimate decorating goal.
- Flooring options for rustic decor are natural hardwood, but that isn’t always possible, so you can choose to lay wood or stone style tile or laminate. Some of my personal favorites are oak, maple and hickory. Adding rustic wildlife area rugs will help bring the room together