A French Country Living Room should evoke warmth and casualness with the gorgeous country elegance of the french country side.
To begin the process a Country French design, consider choosing natural paint colors, such as, cornflower blue, salmon pink, sage green, french blue, robins egg blue, pale gray and soft green. Choose a paint color and introduce complimentary colors through the use of fabrics and accessories..
When selecting lighting, look for chandeliers in wrought iron, provincial bronze, or antique white finishes are extremely popular. Floor lamps, table lamps, wall sconces and candles help complete the lighting for this room. .
French Country Living Room furniture is made with simple lines, often distressed or gently worn or painted. If the budget doesn’t permit new furniture, slipcovers work great for this theme.
- Add a pop of color with throw pillows in complimentary colors or fabrics with a French country motif, such as toile.
- As you will notice, the French Country design features bold colors of gold and red.
- Antique Victorian style sofa with a bright red area rug blend perfectly with the gold drapes, gold pedestal and gold framed mirror.
- Wall decor prints and oil paintings are a great addition in French scenic landscapes or botanical gardens.
Window treatments can be framed with toile curtains and rich tone panels that reach the floor.
It is quite often surprising how one carefully chosen rustic accessory can transform a room and become a focal piece. Little by little the home decorator can add rustic accessories to achieve the desired decor.
French Country Living Room Accessories
- Slightly aged coffee tables, shadow boxes, an ottoman, an armoire is perfect for displaying accessories.
- Use decorative accessories to bring the room together, such as, bunches of flowers in jugs or olive jars, colorful ceramics, carved wood, tole cachepots, rattan baskets for holding magazines, vintage mirror and clocks in brass or pewter.
- For your flooring natural woods are ideal for this decor, but again, sometimes the budget doesn’t cooperate so other popular choices can include terra cotta tiles.
The Country French style lends itself well to antiques. Antiquities can be displayed on the fireplace mantel. Pillows upholstered in bright antique colors blend well with the creamy wall colors.