Primitive Bathroom Decorating should be inspired from days gone by…and it doesn’t have to look like an outhouse to be primitive.
Simply reproduce the charm of an old style classic bathroom. Naturally you can decorate your bath with antiquities such as weathered wood using distressed tables, benches, an old clawfoot tub, painted wooden medicine cabinet to achieve the desired look.
To bring a more modern theme to your primitive bathroom decor, consider a combination of primitive and classic bath styles of the 50’s blended together. The two styles work harmoniously and the results will be astonishing.
Natural hardwood floors, or painted cement are two favorite flooring options. As you can see in the image below, this bathroom design is very minimalistic. The creamy white tile set’s a clean and beautiful backdrop for red painted wood floors and matching curtains.
Primitive Bathroom – Clean New Look
- Materials used for curtains, are often muslin, cotton and denim in solids plaids or stripes. Gingham also works well with this style. The style of your curtains can range from fishtail swags, panels, valances and/or tiers. Another easy choice, that works well, is shades with valances.
- Hang towel racks and peg racks to display primitive themed towels.
- The his and her’s matching pedestal style wash basins and towel racks are a very nice addition to any bathroom.
- A vase of fresh cut flowers creates a warming and cozy atmosphere.
- Completely tiled walls and tub are ideally functional, as bathrooms are subject to moisture that is always present in bathrooms.
- If a more primitive look is desired…make use of wrought iron accent pieces, weathered painted bathroom furniture such as chair, stool clothes hamper or medicine cabinet.
- Think handmade for bath accents. Carved wooden bowls, shaker style boxes and dried wreaths. Old canning jars make great decorative accents for holding soaps, q-tips and cotton balls.
Primitive bathrooms can be exceptionally clean and uncluttered for a modern primitive look. For era style primitive bathroom decor, think wooden, weathered, painted and wrought iron…