French Country Bathroom Decorating is full of charm, it’s a budget friendly decorating theme and it makes a relaxing retreat after a long day.
Large mirrors framed in matching wood is gorgeous hung over the vanity, a wrought iron chair, small wrought iron tables and wall shelves.
Keep in mind french country bathroom decorating isn’t about new items, it’s more about distressed, repurposed items that you may already own.
Beautiful walls in a french country bathroom are pale, neutral colors, such as, cream, milky white, sunny yellow and grassy yellow. Choose a matte based paint, never use glossy for french country walls.
French Country bath decor can draw from provencal farmhouse antiquities to modern bath design. The combination of both elements can be both eloquent and homey.
French Country Bath Decor & Style
- Flooring is commonly stone tiles, brick, or glazed and colored terra cotta tiles. Wood flooring is also popular. Add color and texture through the use of throw rugs. Rugs are normally made of natural materials, such as sisal.
- Beautiful walls in a french country bathroom are pale, neutral colors, such as, cream, milky white, sunny yellow and grassy yellow. Choose a matte based paint, never use glossy for french country walls.
- Bead board is also a favorite wall treatment, try bead board on the bottom half of wall and paint the top half. Add color through the use of accessories.
- Decorative glass door knobs are great for hanging robes, towels, vintage signs and other pieces of art.
- Some great ideas for french country accessories can include french country style pictures, vintage jars, or clear glass jars to hold necessities. Wrought iron baskets are excellent for displaying colorful towels, scented candles and candelabras.
- Window treatments should be light and airy. Depending on level of privacy required they can range from sheers or valances to roman shades or plantation shutters.
Lighting in the bathroom is one of the most important aspects, a crystal chandelier is definitely at home in french country bathroom decorating, but you will also need to have appropriate lighting around your vanity for applying make-up and other grooming chores. For this you can hand wall sconces or other vertical light.
The original French Country bathrooms of yesteryear were quite primitive. Although the modern style of French Country bathrooms has evolved to a more modern version.
The styles can range from simplistic to to elegant. Colors can range from clean whites to bright reds. By incorporating old and new bath accessories into your decorating efforts, you can have the best of both worlds.