A Rustic Dining Room is becoming increasingly popular, especially with families who enjoy hunting and fishing. The cozy and homey atmosphere will make guest will feel right at home.
Colors should be warm and welcoming such as greens, tans, rust, grays, burnt orange and deep rich browns.
Rustic Dining Room Furniture is traditionally made of cedar, pine, birch and other rich colored woods. Wicker furniture is also seen in rustic decor.
For lighting in the dining room, you can choose, antler chandeliers, country style lamps, with rustic or leather shades. Candles and lanterns are also gorgeous placed around the room.
Rustic Dining Room Design
- Dining room accessories, such as, grapevine wreaths, antique clocks, rusty punched tin, primitive plates and bowls. Walk outside and collect twigs, pinecones and acorns that can be displayed in baskets and used as centerpieces for your dining room table.
- Window treatments should be simple, in burlap, wool, cotton or canvas. Mini wooden blinds also work well.
- Hardwood floors are the most natural for rustic dining rooms, but flagstone, slate, and tile floors also work well. Add area rugs to help enhance the rustic look of the floors.
- You don’t have to live in the country or in a wilderness land to decorate your dining room in a rustic style.
- Many city dweller’s who live in small apartments will find it quite simple to incorporate this warm and charming design into their dining room decor.
- look for lace and gingham curtains, a distressed wood table and chairs, an old country cupboard or jelly cabinet. A beautiful vase of flowers and floral design dishes will make the perfect complimentary accessories.
A rustic style dining room is so warm and cozy. You’ll find that your favorite place to be is in your rustic dining room…