Clean, Crisp, Comfortable & Cozy aptly suit traditional bedroom decor. If you are looking for a new bedroom design, a little motivation and inspiration are all you’ll need.
With traditional bedroom decorating, it’s important to keep it restful, with simplicity in design. A cozy, charming functional bedroom is harmonious in accent decor.
Beautiful walnut, mahogany or cherry bedroom furniture accented by a lovely four-poster wooden bed, headboard, night table, reading and lounging area makes one bedroom a peaceful sanctuary.
If fortunate enough to have a room large enough for a sitting/reading corner, add a comfortable chair or two, with a side table, to hold flowers, books and candles. This looks especially nice in a corner or near a large window to give you access to outdoor light for reading.
- Wall Colors – For traditional bedrooms dress your walls with paint colors that make you feel safe and secure. Blues, greens, caramel, lavender, reds and golds are all calming colors. Add art to the walls depicting lovely landscapes, family photos and your child’s artwork.
- Window Treatments – Choose window treatments to coordinate with the bedding and wall colors. Hang wind chimes outside your bedroom windows, these are very relaxing and will help to lull you to sleep. Also consider choosing window treatments that are designed to block out the sunlight
- Traditional Bedding – A properly furnished traditional bedroom should consist of a chest of drawers, including a mirror, plus a full length door mirror. The bed should be placed in such a manner as not to be in the direct light from outside.
- Flooring – Bedroom carpet or an area rug or throw rug is essential for your bedrooms flooring decor.
- Traditional Lighting – Adequate lighting is desired, try choosing incandescent light bulbs for your bedroom, these bulbs provide a yellow tinted light, which adds to the cozy feel of the room.
The beautiful red brick colored picture frames are a perfect contrast against the gold painted walls and matching bed linens.
Simplicity and elegance are the keys to traditional bedroom decorating
Carefully chosen accessories round out the traditional style.